Our next KATH planning meeting is set for Saturday, May 19th at 9 a.m. Eastern, 102 Haupt Humanities Building, Transylvania University in Lexington. Contact Randolph Hollingsworth (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to conference in from a distance. Issues to address: conference place, student awards, budget, part-time KATH coordinator/manager.
KATH Conference, September 15, 2012 (offerings planned so far)
- Keynote Address on Kentucky and the War of 1812: George Herring (UK), author of From Colony to Superpower: U.S. Foreign Relations since 1776
- workshop on Native Americans and War of 1812: John Bowes (EKU)
- workshop on African-Americans and War of 1812: Alicestyne Adams (UL)
- workshop on genealogy:
Cheri DanielsLouise T. Jones (KHS)
- Chautauqua character actor, Harry Smith who plays Private William Greathouse, a militiaman from Kentucky during the War of 1812
- KATH Tolson award (Alana?), Betts and Herring awards (Melissa?)
- election of KATH Board and updating KATH bylaws
The KATH funding campaign is now critical – let Randolph know if you have trouble downloading the KATHsolicitationletter-April2012. We ask that you send it out to as many of your contacts as possible.
P.S. Congratulations to the past KATH Board member and current Planning Group member, Sarah Jane Poindexter of the Filson Club – she has been elected chair of the Kentucky Council on Archives.