CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
2012 George C. Herring Graduate Student Writing Award
KATH is pleased to announce its competition for the best graduate research paper on any topic completed during the 2011-12 academic year at a Kentucky college or university. The winner will receive a $100 prize and a certificate. The award will be presented at the 2012 KATH Conference, to be held at duPont Manual High School in Louisville on Saturday, September 15.
- A student may not submit more than one paper for the Herring Writing Award.
- The manuscript should be article length, typed, double-spaced, 12 point type, and conform to the rules of The Chicago Manual of Style regarding footnotes/endnotes, bibliography, and other stylistic matters.
- All personal identification information should be removed from the document itself (e.g., writer’s name or university in page numbers, endnotes, title page or first page). The student’s paper title, university, permanent address and current contact information should appear only in the body of the email message to which the paper is attached.
- The paper should be submitted as an email attachment in one of the following formats (.doc, .docx, or .pdf) to Dr. Melanie Goan at the University of Kentucky, firstname.lastname@example.org, on or before the deadline: Midnight, Friday, August 3, 2012.
- The submission must be accompanied by an email message from the student’s supervising history professor (or the department chair), recommending the paper and certifying that it was written for a graduate course and completed in the 2011-12 academic year.
Please direct any questions to Melanie Goan at email@example.com.